To Our Valued Clients….
Due to the pandemic of COVID 19, we have updated our new guidelines and policies to better serve your needs. If you feel uncomfortable or dissatisfied at any time during your visit, please respectfully inform one of our staff members. We will do our best to accommodate you. We kindly ask clients to please respect our changes so the new transition can be as smooth as possible.
Please read carefully and understand the guidelines that are listed below:
For Your Safety We Recommend: Temporarily leave beverages, snacks, cell phone use (during hands service), and other unnecessary objects outside of Akoi to prevent possible spread of virus and contamination.
- No refunds on services rendered.
- $14 minimum credit card charge (All major credit cards are accepted except AMERICAN EXPRESS)
- No TIPS be added to credit card (we apologize for the inconvenience; the closest ATM is located at ACME)
- No checks accepted.
- No PET at this time
- For your convenience, please inform our staff if you have any special needs, medical problems, or allergies that may affect your service.
- We are not responsible for any personal items left behind.
- We have the right to refuse service to anyone.
• Akoi will be appointment ONLY! No walk-ins (this will remain in effect moving forward, until there is further notice).
For us to accommodate you and other patrons, we respectfully ask that you be on time for your appointment. If you are running a few minutes behind, we can hold your appointment for up to 10 minutes provided we hear from you. If you are more than 10 minutes late, the appointment will be cancelled. If we are unable to accommodate the lateness, we reserve the right to start other clients who are on time for their appointment. Again, we understand that being late is sometimes unavoidable. However, depending on your circumstances, we may be forced to shorten or reschedule your appointment.
When reserving time for your appointment, our staff is committed to meet with you at the scheduled time. Other clients often want to schedule an appointment for a time that has already been booked, and we are unable to accommodate them because of our prior commitment to you. Your appointment is scheduled with accuracy and is reserved specially for you.
Appointment reminders are sent via emails 1-2 days in advance of all appointments. Should you need to confirm, cancel, reschedule, or make a change to your existing appointment, you may cancel or reschedule by email or by phone/voicemail. This ensures that we can all make arrangements to rebook your appointment while also giving other clients the opportunity to fill your cancelled space. We appreciate your understanding!
For Your Peace of Mind:
• Please be prepared to answer brief questions about current illness/symptoms prior to being serviced by Akoi employees.
• Temperatures will be taken upon arrival. Employees or clients with a temperature above 99.5°F will be sent home immediately or referred to the nearest medical facility.
• Limited appointments will be scheduled to reduce the number of people in the shop at a time. Please be considerate and respectful of your appointment time. If you need to reschedule/cancel, kindly give us a 24hr notice.
• We apologize in advance, but no guests or pets will be allowed to accompany you during your visit.
• NO masks, NO service. This is a law in the state of New Jersey. Please properly wear a mask that fits behind your ears and above your nose. One will be provided for a service charge if you do not have one. (Kindly let us know at the front desk)
• Akoi employees are required to wear/change and clean protective gear (PPE) when assisting each client. (Masks, face shield, and/or gloves). Hands will be sanitized prior to services.
• Transparent plexiglass shields/sneeze guard shield for air and germs protection.
• We have HEPA filtration units for Air Ventilation
• Hand washing: Proper hand washing techniques will be required. Lather, scrub w/ soap (20 secs), rinse, and dry. We now have automatic faucet and soap dispensers.
• Maintain social distancing – everyone will be 6 feet apart, except when staff is servicing clients
• All staff have been tested and certified for training of proper sanitation/disinfection.
• The shop has been thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to reopening. Areas used will be cleaned/ disinfected after every use with hospital-grade, non-toxic cleanser.
• We will be servicing clients with their own disposable pedicure kit (pumice, nail file, toe separator, and buffer) and nail kit (gel manicure, dip, and acrylic services).
• Akoi has built-in pedicure benches utilizing high quality stainless-steel basin and super 6 jets, with activated oxygen technology referred to as Ozone. Destroying all pathogenic bacteria during your service.
• Akoi uses non-disposable instruments that are sterilized after each use with a medical grade sterilizer called an autoclave. Utilizing the same equipment will ensure the same sterilization standards as dental clinics and hospitals. Tools are packed in sealed sterilized pouches for each client.
• Akoi uses Nufree for waxing, which is self-preserving antibacterial/antimicrobial. Our waxing service is safe, clean, and germ-free.
• The front desk will be limited to transactions only. If you need to make more than two appointments, please do so over the phone/email
• The use of credit transactions are preferred. We accept all major credit cards EXCEPT American Express.
Due to the increase in touch-less payment transactions (Credit Card, Apple Pay, & etc.), small/local businesses are facing a surge amount of transaction fees to the credit card companies. As part of Voorhees local business member,
Akoi Nail Spa would like to keep our service prices as low as possible for our customers.
We kindly ask if our clients could help to pay in cash in order to keep and maintain our service prices. Paying in cash will help us to avoid paying the unnecessary transaction fees to the credit card company.
The employee and client are required to sanitize their hands after each cash transaction for safety and health concerns.
Venmo and other cash apps are available for gratuity. Please check with your technician.
As always, we thank you for your continued loyalty and support!